Have you ever been traveling by car, and wished that you could get your iPad (or iPhone) to read books aloud to you? I was in that situation the other day, and came across this useful article on a "life hack" to do just that. But it's not the article that provided the key information, it was a comment below the article!
Here's the steps (in case you can't/don't want to click on the link):
|It's this simple.|
- Go to "Settings", and in the "General" tab, scroll down to "Accessibility" and select it.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page and find the section that says "Triple-click". Press it, and select "VoiceOver" from the list of options.
- Now, all you have to do in order to have a page read aloud to you is to triple-click on your home button, and VoiceOver is turned on.
- In order to have an entire page read aloud, you must simply swipe down with two fingers.
- Ta-da! You can now hear your ebook read aloud! You can tweak the rate of speech, among other options, in that same settings menu that you were at when you did the Triple-click thing.
I am going to be listening to a textbook as I drive 3.5 hours each way to teach! Shameless plug, here's the blog for the class: http://LGBTQsocialwork.blogspot.com.