Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Journalogy.net - your source for scholarly stalking

Today while researching an author that publishes often in my substantive area of interest, I came across a cool new website called Journalogy.net. It looks like it is currently in beta-test form, and it's by Microsoft, so those are two things to consider when viewing it. So, what is it? Basically, it looks like a place to find scholars who are publishing in your area of interest. It featured a nice profile on the author I was searching for: Brian S. Mustanski, http://journalogy.net/Author/21326638. I also went to the home page, and found that you could view a graph that displays trends in publications in certain disicplines, and then find the top most published authors in that discipline. A warning, though: the disciplines are VERY broadly defined, so I am not sure how useful it is to have a 100,000 ft. view of the published authors in a disicpline. But, I'll let you decide its usefulness for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment